A CPA’s Resolutions for New YearPosted: January 3, 2017
In the spirit of making New Year’s resolutions (that will be broken in very short order), here is my list of the top 10 CPA resolutions.
10. I will take some CPE every month so by the time December rolls around I will already be in compliance with my state’s CPE requirements.
9. I will take time at the end of each day and beginning of the next day to plan my work for the next day.
8. I will reread my emails before I send them out to make sure they don’t have mistakes in them.
7. I will perform a post-mortem session after I complete critical projects to make sure I take lessons learned to the next project.
6. I will not take on work or clients unless I am sufficiently staffed to do so.
5. I will take time each quarter to learn or do something new that has nothing to do with being a CPA.
4. I will incorporate exercise into my schedule each day no matter how busy I am.
3. I will not each lunch and dinner at my desk on the same day.
2. I will not look at email at least one whole day while I am on vacation.
1. I will not multi-task during conference calls to make sure I am paying attention to what is said.
How long will it take you to break all of them?