Leading the ProfessionPosted: September 5, 2017
I recently had the honor of attending my first meeting as a full member of the TSCPA Executive Board. This is the third professional association leadership team that I have had the privilege to serve on during my tenure as a CPA, and I was thoroughly impressed by what I saw.
The Executive Board:
- Takes care of your money; they make sure your dues are being used appropriately for the right things.
- Protects your license; they help CPAs get better, deal with the few bad apples out there and have a good relationship with the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy (which is not something that can be said about every state CPA society).
- Plans for the future; they want the society and you to be prepared for the future and take the time to think and plan accordingly.
- Finds ways to help you advance your career; they make sure we provide critical learning opportunities and work with the AICPA to provide tools and resources.
- Voices your concerns and ideas to standard setting bodies and regulators though committees including the Professional Standards Committee and the Federal Tax Policy Committee.
- Works to better serve you; every board member‘s first and last concern is your profession and how we can help you succeed, no matter how you define success.
I came away impressed by the quality of caring and of the ideas put forth by my fellow board members. The discussion and interactions made clear that everyone takes their service on the Executive Board seriously, and that makes me proud to be a part of such a great leadership team.