A CPAs Wish ListPosted: December 3, 2018
“It’s the most wonderful time of the year,” and the time when children (and adults) write letters to Santa Claus in hopes of getting a couple of really cool items Christmas morning. In that spirit, I thought we might have a little fun putting together a CPA wish list for 2019.
10) A regular session reapproval of the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy.
9) An increase in the number of accounting graduates taking the CPA exam.
8) Legislation eliminating the need to file state tax returns when someone works in a state for one day.
7) A Congress that funds the IRS so the help line can provide help instead of courtesy disconnects.
6) A Financial Accounting Standards Board that finally eliminates a disclosure without adding any in the process.
5) An IRS delivering regs that make sense and explain what Congress meant in the new tax law.
4) States and territories passing individual and firm CPA mobility.
3) Computer systems that don’t crash on April 14.
2) Clients delivering all needed documentation accurately and on time.
1) A beautiful spring day – on April 16!
I hope everyone has a great holiday season!